The young Palestinian succumbed to his wounds sustained by Israeli forces at Al-Aqsa Mosque during Ramadan.



The Jerusalemite young man Walid Al-Sharif died after his injury due to the Israeli forces storming the blessed Al-Aqsa Mosque on the 22nd of April 2022.

Abdul Rahman Al-Sharif announced the death of his brother was today, Saturday, at Hadassah Hospital, after weeks of his being critically injured during the Al-Aqsa events.

The lawyer of the Wadi Hilweh Information Center Mohammed Mahmoud explained that the Israeli occupation policies are demanding to transfer the body for autopsy, while the family refuses this and demands the burial of the body.

He added that there is no legal reason for delaying body delivery, and this is an attempt to impose conditions on the funeral.

The young Sharif was shot by the Israeli occupation forces during the clash irrupted that erupted at Al-Aqsa Mosque, on the third Friday of Ramadan, during the clash Israeli forces fired rubber bullets and gas canisters, which caused tens of injuries.

Read Also: Israel Palestine Conflict: How The Clash Have Taken Toll on Children’s Mental Health?

Videos documented the Israeli forces storming the mosque from the Mughrabi Gate, and shooting worshipers, then the Sharif’s injury and complete loss of consciousness.

After he was wounded, the soldiers arrested him, unconscious, without providing him with an initial treatment or allowing the paramedics present in Al-Aqsa Mosque to give him the initial treatment.

He was taken to the Israeli Hadassah Ein Kerem Hospital, his injury caused a fracture of the skull and severe bleeding in the brain, in addition to the lack of oxygen reaching the brain for about half an hour, causing damage to his brain tissues.

Lawyer Khaldoun Najm had previously stated that the hospital administration was lying, and refused to provide the family with a detailed report on the young man’s health condition, especially the initial report of his injury.

He pointed out that the police claimed, during the communication with the lawyer, that they didn’t shoot the young man, unlike what we saw through the videos.

Read Also: The most brutal massacres of the “Zionist gangs” in Palestine in 1948


Exit mobile version