Allah -God- created humans in the best shape having the most generous image. And created the male and the female to complement each other, said Allah in the Holy Quran
يَا أَيُّهَا النَّاسُ إِنَّا خَلَقْنَاكُمْ مِنْ ذَكَرٍ وَأُنْثَىٰ وَجَعَلْنَاكُمْ شُعُوبًا وَقَبَائِلَ لِتَعَارَفُوا ۚ إِنَّ أَكْرَمَكُمْ عِنْدَ اللَّهِ أَتْقَاكُمْ ۚ إِنَّ اللَّهَ عَلِيمٌ خَبِيرٌ
“O mankind! We created you from a single (pair) of a male and a female and made you into nations and tribes. You may know each other (not that ye may despise (each other). Verily the most honored of you in the sight of Allah is (he who is) the most righteous of you. Allah has full knowledge and well aware of all things.”
The wisdom of Allah-Almighty-required to differ the characteristics of both males and females to distinguish one from another. And those qualities and characteristics would achieve integration between them. The composition of a man with what the Almighty provided him with physical strength was appropriate with his quest for work and his request for livelihood. As well as the matter for women was appropriate for what will be entrusted with pregnancy, birth, and care. But recently there has become a demand from some people for changes in their creation and body which is now known as “lady-man”, so what is the opinion of Islam about lady-man?
What is the meaning of lady-man?
There are many linguistic and idiomatic meanings of lady-man:
- the meaning of lady-man from the perspective of the language: It means that the man is similar in his movements and behavior to the woman.
- It’s Idiomatically meaning: The attempt of man to be similar to the woman; in his form, his description.
What is the rule of lady-man behavior from the perspective of Islam?
The rule of “women behave like men and vice versa” is one of the denied behaviors in the Islamic religion. Moreover, it is one of the major sins that perish and curses its doer. As these acts are inconsistent to our instinct, which Allah – Almighty- planted in his servants, God’s messenger – PBUH- cursed man behaving like a woman or vice versa, in many sayings “hadith” such as:
Abu Huraira narrated about Muhammad (PBUH): Allah cursed the man wearing the dress of the woman, and the woman wearing the dress of the man.
Silver and gold for the men
A must for the Muslim to conform his life in accordance with what pleases Allah. They should not be located in forbidden or not to seek to do what is done. But you have to do your best to follow the instructions of Islam in life. The question of wearing gold and silver for the men is one of the important things that we must pay attention to their legitimacy, and if it is halal or haram.
What is the opinion of Islam in the matter of men wearing silver and gold?
If the silver used for purposes other than a ring, it mustn’t be in the form of decorations or pride and extravagance. Such as the man wearing bracelets and chains whether they are silver or gold. A team of scholars has gone to the permissible of using the silver in the sweetening of the sword and war machines for men, but it is permitted to be used as bracelets and chains.
As Ibn Abbas heard the messenger Mohammed (PBUH) saying:
the messenger of Allah, peace be upon him, Allah cursed men who try to look like women and women who also try to look like men. Therefore, Wearing silver in the form of bracelets or chains in which men look-alike women is prohibited.
How to overcome lady-man behaviors?
Treatment of the phenomenon of men-like women is an important thing. Each person, family, and society must follow to treat the subject of men-like women in particular
- Well, the upbringing of individuals, commitment, and maintenance of behavioral differences between both sexes.
- Instill a spirit of pride in masculinity in young people.
- Connecting young people with role models. One of the best role models is the Prophet Muhammad (PBUH) then his companions, and the imams of Muslims and their scholars.
- Spread Islamic awareness in communities, correct thoughts, and provoke repentance to Allah-the Almighty – in souls.
- teach young people the provisions of the Islamic religion.
- Renew hope in the souls of young people, sharpen their concerns, and direct them to the path of truth and rightness.
- Pay attention to tighten control over moral irregularities.
- Clarify the concept of freedom, and it does not mean nor in any way escape, or contravention of the provisions of the Islamic religion.
- Teach young people how to benefit from others, by taking the best manners and actions about them.
- Correct corrupt social thoughts and habits.
- Provide psychosocial treatment and care to everyone who needs it.
- conscious control of communities and monitoring of phenomena and deviations by officials.