There is no doubt that True love is the instinct in all living creatures including humans. Love is a new source of happiness and pleasing to people’s hearts. You can say that love is the desire owned towards something or any person. In addition to that, there are types of love. Some of them are good for people and Islam ordered us to follow some steps if you love any person. The other type of love is not good and Islam asked us not to follow. Let us start with this interesting topic to know the concept and types of this love.
Types of love:
- The first type of love is that a Muslim person loves Allah and His Messenger with pure love free of hypocrisy. There is no doubt that this love is one of the best and most wonderful types of love. When you love someone, you do all his demands to make him happy. What about Allah and his messenger? Without any doubt, you will do the asked tasks from Allah for you, and then you will Follow his orders and keep away from his prohibitions.
- The second type of love is love that exists between couples. There is no family that continues for a long time without love in their hearts. When there are two persons who love each other’s, the best method for them is to get married to be away from acquiring sins and doing the anger that Allah torments us for that.
- The third and last type of love is love that exists between Muslim brothers. It is so important for Muslims to love each other and to respect the nonmuslims as well, by following this; the society will get rid of Hatred and envy. The evidence of the importance of this love is that our messenger asked us to tell any person you love about your feeling towards him.
This verses in Quran conclude the importance of love for Allah:
You will not enter Paradise without believing and you will not believe until you love each other. May I show you something that, if you did, you would love each other? Spread peace between each others. Surah Al-Baqara Ayat 195
Signs of falling in love:
There are many signs tells you that you fall in the love of this person some of them:
- Feeling happy when seeing or talking to the person you had already loved.
- When supporting, consciously, or unconsciously, the opinions related to this person and trying hard to conclude the common traits.
- When you can’t stop your smile and the good feeling when seeing the loved person.
All these previous signs tell you that you’re in love. At last but not least, you should ask yourself about the situation of Islam towards love. Let me tell you about the rule of love in Islam.
Love in Islam:
- There are two basic types of love in Islam, one is innate and the other acquired. And innate love is the love that Allah created human has, and human has no authority over it. As Islam mentions, when your heart loves Allah and his messenger, you will sell the whole world and other matters that distract you from worship for the sake of Allah.
- Islam allowed the man to love his family, his wife, and his children, but there are some matters he should obey to fulfill all the needs that Allah asked to him do. For example, if a man married two women, he should be fair to both and don’t neglect the rights of any of them. Allah asks to apply the principle of equality and justice. The previous example also can be applied to children. The father should split his love fairly between children.
- Now, you can say that Islam makes love available for any person without the anger of Allah. The main problem does not exist in love especially. There is no problem with it. The main problem is when there is someone loving a woman, but he did not marry her. From the viewpoint of Islam, It is so important not to have any improper connection between the two genders to avoid committing sins. So that Islam asks the man to marry the woman he loves if there is a suitable condition. If the conditions and surroundings are not helping, then the best solution that helps to avoid doing sins is to fast as the messenger asked.
What happens when Allah loves someone?
Messenger of Allah (PBUH) said: “When Allah loves a slave, He calls Jibril (Gabriel) and says: ‘I love so-and-so; so love him.’ And then Jibril loves him. Then he (Jibril) announces in the heavens saying: Allah loves so-and-so; so love him; then the inhabitants of the heavens (the angels) also love him, and then people on earth love him. And when Allah hates a slave, He calls Jibril and says: ‘I hate so-and-so, so hate him.’ Then Jibril also hates him. He (Jibril) then announces amongst the inhabitants of heavens: ‘Verily, Allah hates so-and-so, so you also hate him.’ Thus they also start to hate him. Then he becomes the object of hatred on the earth also”.[Muslim].
To conclude, as your experience previously said Islam does not oppose the idea of love. This is because Allah created man and created love in him. The problem is what will result from this love. Therefore, my Muslim brother, you must imitate the words of Allah and the words of His Noble Messenger, as it is one of the most sincere words as it is the only way to succeed in this world and the hereafter.